Become an Instructor
A great way to take your skills to the next level is to become an instructor! You will elevate your scanning skills and educator skills by supervising and teaching learners. You will also become a PoCUS leader in your home community.
We have top-level instructors with a number of ultrasound fellows and master instructors at every course. We aim for a diversity of physician instructors from many specialties, as well as sonographers, paramedics, and nurse practitioners.
Why Become an Instructor
- Increased skills in image generation and advanced techniques reviewed
- Refresh your skills and improve your technique
- Learn how to teach ultrasound and delivery exams for your home site and students
- A really good time and lots of fun
You must have Independent Practitioner certification for the bootcamp being taught.
The typical bootcamp schedule is:
- Day prior – 16:30 for set up
- Day 1-3 – 07:00-18:30 for the course and scan days
- Day 4 – 07:30-17:00 for the visual exam day
You are able to sign up to teach the full bootcamp or just a few days of it.
We have a small number of apprentice instructors at each course and they are well-supported by the team. You will be positioned at stations near fellows/master instructors so they can assist with difficult scans or challenging questions.
Accommodations, meals and travel expenses are provided. Apprentice instructors will receive an honorarium for the first bootcamp and you would be paid at a competitive clinical rate based on your experience and professional qualifications for future courses.
You receive 10 hours (5 credits) for teaching.