The EDE bootcamp is an intense 4 day hands-on workshop using dozens of live human models that participants will practice scanning. The exams are designed for participants to obtain full independent practitioner certification at the end of the course. There will be new models each day allowing you an opportunity to practice your hands-on skills on many different people. Day 1 will be a teaching day, Days 2 & 3 will be spent scanning, and Day 4 will be the exam day.
Access to the online mandatory pre-course will be sent to participants approximately 4 weeks prior to the bootcamp. Please make sure you all complete it before arrival on the first day. The pre-course is a critical component for being successful at the bootcamp. It is suggested to schedule a minimum of 10 hours to complete the pre-course.
Unique for the Bahrain course, we would replace first-trimester obstetrics modules with fluid status/IVC (Inferior Vena Cava) and ultrasound-guided IV access modules. We believe this has better practical application for the scope of Emergency Medicine in the Gulf Region.
- Bahrain CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Certificate
- CPOCUS (Canadian Point-of-Care Ultrasound Society) Acute Core Independent Practitioner. This privilege allows clinician to use ultrasound in their practice.
- Emergency Department Echo(EDE) Continuing Medical Education Certificate.
- Prairie Pocus (Certificate of Completion)
- Participants will receive 18 CPD points from NHRA (National Health Regulatory Authority) of Bahrain. These credits are recognized by authorities in other GCC countries.
Crown Prince Center for Training and Medical Research
Dates & Times
April 17-20, 2024 inclusive
07:30–18:30 each day
Food & Refreshments
Lunch is included with admission and will be provided to all participants each day of the event.
Local COVID guidelines will be followed.
We will be following all public health guidance and national recommendations.
- Cost includes the EDE course and all exam fees, minus registration with CPoCUS.