The EGLS course aims to introduce participants to the ultrasound approach of the hemodynamically unstable patient. This course is aimed at two audiences: physicians who are knowledgeable about ultrasound and want to consolidate their knowledge, and novices who would like to be introduced to it.
At the conclusion of training, participants will be better able to:
- Categorize undifferentiated shock via an algorithmic approach;
- Identify pneumothorax and interstitial syndrome with lung ultrasound;
- Identify the signs of obstructive shock (tamponade, pulmonary embolism);
- Qualitatively assess left ventricular function;
- Assess the inferior vena cava;
- Assess volemic status and fluid responsiveness
More details can be found in the EGLS Course Outline.
Dates & Times
Dec 9, 2023
Food & Refreshments
Lunch is included with admission and will be provided to all participants each day of the event.
We will be providing all required COVID safety PPE and ensuring all public health guidance and national recommendations are followed.
Cost includes the EGLS course.
Prairie PoCUS reserves the right to cancel a course 4 weeks prior to the course date if we have not received a minimum number of registrations. If this does occur, participants will have the option to move their registration to a future date or receive a full refund. Please see the FAQs page for our full cancellation policy.